Firstly Here is A Starting Scenario:
- You get home from a busy day and are exhausted with no time to cook and you have to get dinner on. So you put a frozen pizza or in the oven. You serve it with some extra cheese and tomato sauce to make the kids happy 🙂 Then you have a couple of drinks to relax.
- Everyone sits in front of the TV because your shows are staring soon.
Next You Make It Better
- You stop at the grocery store on the way home and grab a cooked chicken and a pre-made bagged salad. Now you’ve added some extra protein and greens.
- When you get home, throw a pot of water on the stove and boil some pasta and mix with some pasta sauce
- Everyone seems to be running in a million different directions so you don’t sit down and eat as a family, but at least you know they are eating healthier tonight.
- Your day is still on your mind, so a couple drink will take the edge off
Make It Even Better
- You grab a fresh cooked chicken along with some fresh veges at the store to make your own salad
- You increase the chicken portion size on your plate and forget about the pasta.
- You sit down at the dinner table eat instead of sitting on the couch or standing at the kitchen counter.
You drink water with dinner and reduce the alcohol to one drink afterwards.
Eating Like a PRO
- Now you are starting to meal plan and prep like a pro. You make your own pasta sauce with fresh spices and veggies on Sunday night and put it in freezer bags to grab and heat up on the go. You have veges on hand to whip up a salad quickly and the store-bought bottle of salad dressing is replaced with cold pressed olive oil and lemon/apple cider vinegar.
- You swap out the pasta for quinoa or spiralized zucchini/veges.
- You have defrosted the Chicken in the fridge the night before and have fresh cooked Chicken breast as cooking protein is quick and easy.
- You have water for dinner and really enjoy and savor that single glass of good wine after dinner.